[Mailman-Users] Scripting newlist gives weird errors!

hesco at greens.org hesco at greens.org
Wed Sep 1 16:48:26 CEST 2004

Hey Mr. Knowles:

Yes, I now remember being pointed to those at one time.
However our server uses exim, which is why I'm building this
script.  Any idea why a command which works without a hitch
when run on a command line would break down into errors and
hang when run in a perl script as:
	$result = `newlist listname admin pw`; ???

I'm baffled.  Those backticks have traditionally given me
direct access to anything I can do at a shell prompt and I've
never encountered this before.

-- Hugh