[Mailman-Users] Listinfo.html Template . . .

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Oct 31 17:03:33 CET 2004

Jason Flatt wrote:

>I have noticed that when attempting to access the archives for both my public
>lists, that they are directed to the path /pipermail/, instead
>of /pipermail/listname.  I checked the /etc/mailman/en/listinfo.html file and
>it has <MM-Archive><MM-List-Name> where it ought to be, but the list name is
>not being added.  I also checked via the web editing interface, and it shows
>that the list name should be being added.  I tried searching the mail list
>archives and the FAQ, but didn't see anything that addressed my question.
>Where can I look or what can I do to fix this?  Thanks.

Actually, the <MM-List-Name> tag in the template only provides the list
name in the name of the link that renders on the page. The URL of the
link comes as part of the <MM-Archive> tag. The URL is generated in
the function GetBaseArchiveURL() which is defined in
Mailman/Archiver/Archive.py. It uses PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL as a format.
This is defined in Defaults.py as

 PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = 'http://%(hostname)s/pipermail/%(listname)s'

Have you changed this definition in mm_cfg.py?