[Mailman-Users] Subscribe with a e-mail and set passwort

Jim Tittsler jwt at OnJapan.net
Sat Oct 30 11:34:14 CEST 2004

On Thu, Oct 28, 2004 at 10:49:58PM +0200, Thomas Bechtold wrote:
> With, php, i create a e-mail with the subject:
>
> "subscribe anypasswort nodigest adress=anyadress at anywhere.any"

I don't believe you want quotes around the subject, and it
should be address= not adress=

The specified password feature works okay for me (confirming by
either the web interface or by email reply).

Did you check that the password is being correctly recorded
by the initial request (before the user confirmation)?  You
could do  'bin/dump_db lists/yourlist/pending.pck' and should
see the record containing the email address and desired
password.  That would narrow down if the problem is with your
initial scripted request, or a problem with Mailman's processing.

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/