[Mailman-Users] Spoofed Addresses

Kenneth Porter shiva at sewingwitch.com
Sat Oct 30 02:42:57 CEST 2004

--On Friday, October 29, 2004 8:24 PM -0400 David Relson
<relson at osagesoftware.com> wrote:

> Part of asking the question was to learn whether mailman has any ability
> to verify addresses

I expect the biggest problem to be mobile users who post from multiple IP
addresses. I'm somewhat bleeding edge ;) for setting up my home server for
SMTP AUTH and sending all my mail through that. Many ISP's and commercial
entities are starting to do this as a means of spam control.

I'm also running the MIMEDefang milter under sendmail on all mail going
through the box, so all list posts first have to navigate SpamAssassin and
ClamAV before getting to Mailman. That has a good chance of trapping the
obvious spam and hostile attachments.