[Mailman-Users] Allowing outside submission

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Oct 27 02:16:05 CEST 2004

postal worker wrote:

>I need a way to:
>
>	publish an address
>
>	have that address gated to an existing Mailman list, without approval..
>
>on a temporary basis.
>

>I have a forward in place, but Mailman rejects all the mail.
>

>Restrict posting privilege to list members? (member_posting_only) (Details)
>is set to NO.
>
>The admin interface message is: 	Posting to a restricted list
>by sender requires approval

Looks like Mailman 2.0.x

>From the comments in 2.1.5 versions.py

# - If member_posting_only == no, then what happens depends on the
#   value of the posters attribute:
#    o If posters was empty, then anybody can post without their
#      message being held for approval
#    o If posters was non-empty, then /only/ those addresses could post
#      without approval, i.e. members not on posters would have their
#      messages held for approval.

It looks like you have addresses in 'posters' and you either have to
remove them or if your forward always looks like it comes from a fixed
address, add that one to the list.