[Mailman-Users] Invalid Confirmation String & Returned Messages .. .

Jason Flatt jason at flattfamily.com
Tue Oct 26 16:01:56 CEST 2004

On Monday 25 October 2004 5:28 pm, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Jason Flatt wrote:
> >
> >I'm still having the Invalid confirmation string error when replying to
> >subscription requests via e-mail, though.  Web confirmations work fine,
> >however.  I'm not sure where to look for that.
>
> What does the address look like in an e-mail reply to a confirmation.
> Is it VERP like? I.e. is it something like
>
>   listname-confirm+string_of_hex_digits at example.com
>
> If so, then your postfix may not be properly set up to handle VERP like
> addresses.

I went to run a few tests to make sure the information I was giving was
correct, and now it's working correctly.  I'm fairly sure I didn't change
anything between when it wasn't working and when it was...

Just for the record, none of the e-mail addresses had the hex code in it.  The
confirm code was only in the subject and/or the body of all of the e-mails.

--
Jason Flatt (jason @ flattfamily . com)
Father of five (http://www.flattfamily.com/)