[Mailman-Users] Invalid Confirmation String & Returned Messages . . .

Jason Flatt jason at flattfamily.com
Mon Oct 25 08:04:57 CEST 2004

On Sunday 24 October 2004 6:05 am, Brad Knowles wrote:
> At 9:43 PM -0700 2004-10-23, Jason Flatt wrote:
> >  <mailman-post+list at domain.tld> (expanded from <list at domain.tld>):
> > unknown user: "mailman-post+list"
>
> 	This is clearly an aliases problem.  Somehow, the old aliases
> definitions got wiped out.  Also note that Mailman doesn't normally
> create lists with plus detail, so perhaps you're using CPanel or some
> other type of customized version of Mailman for which we will be
> unable to give you much help.

It seems the problem is actually how Postfix is processing those aliases.  I
messed around in the virtual-regexp file and was able to get it working,
though I'm confused as to why it works, since the settings in that file don't
seem to match settings in other files (mm_cfg.py, for example).  I'll keep
looking to see if I can make sense of it.

I'm still having the Invalid confirmation string error when replying to
subscription requests via e-mail, though.  Web confirmations work fine,
however.  I'm not sure where to look for that.

--
Jason Flatt (jason @ flattfamily . com)
Father of five (http://www.flattfamily.com/)