[Mailman-Users] Mailman not sending out emails

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Oct 22 17:05:27 CEST 2004

At 10:41 AM -0400 2004-10-22, Steph Smith wrote:

>  We've had mailman 2.1 up and running for a while now. We host lists for
>  a number of different domains, and have been using the virtual host
>  support.

	What "virtual host support"?  Can you provide a reference to the
documentation or the FAQ that shows what you're doing?

	So far as I know, the only virtual domain stuff that Mailman
supports is discussed at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.047.htp>.

>  * When I go back to check the list again, Mailman no longer sends mail
>    out. It will receive posts (and I can verify that they are in the
>    archive), but it doesn't distribute them to the subscriber list. If
>    I fill out a subscription request, it doesn't sent out the
>    confirmation email. If, as a subscriber, I ask it to send me my
>    password, it fails to do this as well.

	The standard "troubleshooting" FAQ entry is at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.014.htp>.
Try everything shown there.

>  I've been hoping to find something in the logs, but haven't found
>  anything at all in /var/mailman/logs. Actually, its empty, so I wonder
>  if logging is somehow not turned on??

	That would be bad.  That will mean it could be very difficult or
perhaps impossible to track down your problem.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755