[Mailman-Users] mailman_sync --silent

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Fri Oct 22 12:43:05 CEST 2004

On 22 Oct 2004, at 10:48, Ian Eiloart wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a cron job which syncs a mailman mailing list membership with a
> text file maintained by a web application.
>
> I used mailman_sync --silent in the code, but now mailman_sync
> complains that it doesn't support --silent. Is this a feature that has
> been lost in an update?

Neither MM 2.1.4 or 2.1.5 (or previous if I recollect) have a command
line script called mailman_sync.

MM 2.1.4 or 2.1.5 (and previous if I recollect) have a command line
script bin/sync_members but it did/does not have a --silent option.

Is mailman_sync a local script.

> The problem is that, after removing the --silent option, I'm getting
> emails every five minutes telling me that mailman_sync had "Nothing to
> do."!

Redirect output of sync_members to /dev/null on the crontab entry ??