[Mailman-Users] approving messages once for many lists?

Ian Eiloart iane at sussex.ac.uk
Wed Oct 20 17:18:50 CEST 2004

--On Wednesday, October 20, 2004 4:07 pm +0100 martin moriarty
<mm7 at cs.ucc.ie> wrote:

> Hi there,
> Didnt see this one in the faqs so thought I'd ask.
> We run mailman very successfully in a university environment. We have
> quite a few lists at the moment. One issue we have is that:
> If someone sends a message to say undergraduates at blah.com ( which points
> to 4 mailman moderated lists, year1, year2 year3 and year4) then as it
> stands we have to approve the samemessage 4 times, once for each group.
> Is there a way to structure/create the lists so that it is approved just
> once for all lists? Probably not possible, but worth asking, I think.
> Regards and many thanks
> Martin

Yes, set the lists such that they accept mail from the umbrella list,
unmoderated. Privacy options...sender filters...List of non-member
addresses whose postings should be  automatically accepted

Moderate the umbrella list.

I think that should work. Otherwise, open the list, bar postings from
outside your domain, and deal with abuse if and when it arises. You
probably won't get much.

--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team