[Mailman-Users] Mailman on Solaris-based web server

John Wheaton thewheatons at bellsouth.net
Mon Oct 18 22:42:54 CEST 2004

Hello,

I am curious whether Mailman will work on Solaris, and how best to
integrate it with our current web site. Our school maintains an
informational website at www.stfrancishighschool.com, hosted by IgLou in
Louisville. We have been discussing with a few alumni the possibility of
creating mailing lists for the alums, and Mailman seems like a good
solution. We have also looked into Majordomo, which IgLou will administer
for additional monthly charges. We would like to save money.

Can Mailman be installed alongside our website? In other words, is it self
contained? Can its bin and lib files, for example, be installed in our web
directory, and still allow Mailman to function?

Our other possible solution is to host the mailing lists on one of our own
Linux servers, if the app cannot be installed on our host's server. Since
we run Exchange Server, I am trying to simplify matters by hosting the
mailing lists offsite, though.

Thanks for your help.

John Wheaton,
Technology Coordinator