[Mailman-Users] Configuration back to to ascii config file?

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Oct 15 22:00:27 CEST 2004

Jeff Pflueger wrote:

>So then: Are the command line scripts the best way to create a duplicate
>set of configurations, mailing list lists, and list members on another
>mailman running on another server, or is it possible (and preferable) to
>figure out which mailman files should be copied over to the second
>server to create the duplicate settings, lists, and members?

This is a different question. The original question was how to transfer
the settings from one list to another. Your question, is if I
understand, how best to back up a Mailman installation on another
server.

>If I were automating this process would I rsync the specific files, or
>write a cron script to run the various python scripts, send them over to
>the other server and then have the other server run a cron script to
>import the settings, lists and members....

I'm not sure of the best way to do this. You could just sync the files
in the lists/ and archives/ directories. This may be sufficient, but
you may also want to consider qfiles/