[Mailman-Users] Way to suspend e-mail deliver for 24 hours?

Mark Epstein mark.e.epstein at verizon.net
Fri Oct 15 16:55:26 CEST 2004

There are times where I would like to suspend e-mail delivery.  I would
like posters to post, and get an auto-reply that their mail is being held
for 24 hours to be delivered.  I have some basic understanding of Linux,and
don't mind setting up a cron job that activates the suspension/auto reply
mechanishm,  and then restores operation to normal 24 hours later
(releasing any mail in the queue).  But I don't know how to change list
settings from a shell script, or how to queue mail up similar to the
moderation queue, but instead have it be released by a shell script.

Thanks!

Mark Epstein