[Mailman-Users] Question about restoring a mailman list or two

Maish Saidel-Keesing maish at eskayhosting.com
Wed Oct 13 19:54:21 CEST 2004

Someone approached me and asked if I can help them restore two lists that
they have.

The mailman package was installed through CPanel (I know I am going to get a
lot of answers to go to cpanel for support but I will ask it anyway)

In the tar package that was backed up on cpanel I have some of the files
that I think will be able to help me

I just don't know how to put them back into the lists.

What I have is the following:

A directory called "mm" and within that directory are two more directories
for each of the lists For examples sakes we will call them A & B In each of
those directories I have 4 files

Config.pck
Config.pck.lst
Pending.pck
Request.pck

In the config.pck file I see (with a lot of garbage - when I opened it up in
notepad) the email addresses and names of the subscribers to the list (at
least I think so).

To restore it I was thinking of extracting the emails and then recreating
the list and mass subscribing them again.
Is there a simpler way to do it??

Second thing is the archives...

I have a folder called "mma" from the cpanel backup that has the archives
saved nicely in html format. How am I supposed to retrieve that back into
the list current archives?

Thanks a bunch.

Maish Saidel-Keesing
Eskayhosting.com