[Mailman-Users] TypeError: decoding Unicode is not supported

Stephen J. Turnbull stephen at xemacs.org
Tue Oct 12 06:35:41 CEST 2004

    Henry> the message I'm trying to post comes from Mail 1.3.9, Mac
    Henry> OS 10.3.5, with mail preferences set to use plain text for
    Henry> message composition. I don't understand where the unicode
    Henry> is supposed to be coming from.

Anything that is not US-ASCII (including directed quotes, Euro sign,
em-dash, etc) might do it.  Probably you'll be OK with Latin-1
(guessing from your address you probably use French accented letters
and certain punctuation, eg, guillemots), but even that can't be
guaranteed for all internationalization settings.

What version is your Python?  'unicode' is a Python function, it seems
odd that it's not supported.