[Mailman-Users] administrative requests not being sent properly

Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC chad at shire.net
Mon Oct 11 19:54:41 CEST 2004

Hi

I have a mailman installation I am responisible for (2.1.5).  The list
owners do not get any administrative emails (like pending requests).
However, the same email addresses subscribed to lists get the list
traffic fine and the people get all their normal emails ok.  So the
problem seems to lie with Mailman.

Here is an example from the smtp-failure log file, which I believe is
all this admin stuff

Oct 11 11:30:41 2004 (1875) delivery to user at domain.com failed with
code 451: Temporary local problem - please try later
Oct 11 11:30:41 2004 (1875) All recipients refused: {'user at domain.com':
(451, 'Temporary local problem - please try later')}, msgid:
<mailman.4.1097503200.29790.ederm-dev at domain.com>
<mailman.0.1097505161.30949.pa-members at domain.org>
<mailman.21.1097506077.1873.roselawn@ domain.com>
Oct 11 11:30:41 2004 (1875) delivery to user at domain.com failed with
code 451: Temporary local problem - please try later

Again, this seems to only affect notices for the admin like pending
requests etc.   user at domain (and it happens with everyone who is a list
owner it appears) gets mail from Mailman as a list user and normal non
Mailman mail just fine.

I think this happened when we upgradede from 2.0.8 or something in that
era to 2.1.5

Any thoughts?

Thanks
Chad