[Mailman-Users] Authorized Users

Robert Haack haack at nclack.k12.or.us
Thu Oct 7 20:12:11 CEST 2004

>On Wed, Oct 06, 2004 at 10:02:48AM -0700, Robert Haack wrote:
>

>>Ok, I got the patch and applied it and I checked the source files and
>>the patches are applied.  Then I tried it out and it didn't work so it
>>dawned on me that I need to compile it first.  I've tried to compile it
>>but I get the following error:
>>

>Normally you would apply it to the source of Mailman, and the
>'make install' step would compile it for you.
>

>>root at nclack Gui]# python -O GUIBase.py   (I've tried it with and without
>>the -O)
>>Traceback (most recent call last):
>>File "GUIBase.py", line 22, in ?
>>  from Mailman import mm_cfg
>>ImportError: No module named Mailman
>>

>I suspect you are applying it directly to your Mailman
>installation.  The easiest thing to do would be to just remove
>the old GUIBase.pyc file.  If the directory has mailman group
>write permissions, the compiled file will be automatically
>written the next time it is used.
>
>(And remember to restart mailman patching.)

Ok, I deleted the files GUIBase.pyc, GUIBase.pyo, Moderate.pyc, and
Moderate.pyo.  Then just to make sure that Mailman was restarted I
rebooted the server.  (I know I could have done this differently but it
was late and I was too lazy to do it another way).  But this still is
not working for me.  I did check the the GUIBase.pyc and Moderate.pyc
files are now back so I know that they recompiled themselves.

Here is what I have done.
1) I created a list called test and subscribed myself using my work
email address.
2) I created another list called Auth_users and I subscribed myself
using my home email address.
3) I went into the test list serv under Privacy Options, Sender Filters
and input @Auth_users in the accept these non-members.

Then I send a message from my home email address and I get a message
back telling me the my message has to be approved by the moderator.  So
what's going on and why didn't it go through?

Thank You

--
Robert Haack
Programmer Analyst