[Mailman-Users] Problem with Micrososft Exchange 2003 SBS

Jan Kellermann jan.kellermann at werk21.de
Thu Oct 7 16:57:38 CEST 2004

Hello,

please, anybody help.

One of our customers us using a Micrososft Exchange 2003 SBS. Yes, we dont
like it, too.
If this customer send a mail to two lists in to:-field, the mailman
distributes the mail correctly on both lists.
Persons, which are on both lists, get only one email. The problem is, that
the M$-server deletes one mail because they have the same rcpt and
message-id.

We are providing over 200 lists and have no problems at all.
But this customers is sure, that this is a mailman-bug. I need support to
argumentate. Is here anybody who is working with M$-exchange? Or is here
anybody who can proof, that it should be no problem to have 2 mails with
same rcpt and same msg-id?

I found a thread in 2002 describing this problem but not solving. (
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2002-March/018122.html )

thank you
kelly.