[Mailman-Users] VERP [was:Understanding Bounces]

David Relson relson at osagesoftware.com
Thu Oct 7 05:10:41 CEST 2004

With respect to mailman bounces, my mailman configuration turns on VERP
which customizes (to a degree) message delivery addresses so that
mailman can better identify bounces.  The config contains the following
lines (which include a couple of options I'm not using):

VERP_PASSWORD_REMINDERS = Yes
VERP_PERSONALIZED_DELIVERIES = Yes

VERP_DELIVERY_INTERVAL = 1

#VERP_CONFIRM_FORMAT = '%(addr)s+%(cookie)s'

#VERP_CONFIRM_REGEXP = r'^(?P<addr>[^+]+?)\+(?P<cookie>[^@]+)@.*$'
VERP_CONFIRMATIONS = Yes

HTH,

David