[Mailman-Users] Subscribers of one list = subscribers of another?

Evan Prodromou evan at bad.dynu.ca
Wed Oct 6 23:40:37 CEST 2004

On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 13:22 -0400, Mauricio Tavares wrote:

> Let's say I have 3 lists, list1, list2, and list3.  Now I would
> like to have the subscribers of list 3 to be those of list1 + list2. So,
> when the list of subscribers in, say, list2 changes, list3 is
> automagically updated.  Is there a way to do that?  I looked into what was
> suggested on the bottom of http://starship.python.net/crew/jwt/mailman/,
> but it seems to be aimed at accept_these_nonmembers. I actually even tried
> it to do what I wanted but had no luck.

I think what you should do is subscribe list1 at example.com and
list2 at example.com to list3, and then make list3 an umbrella list.

IIRC this configuration used to suck really badly in previous versions
of Mailman, and I'm unsure if it ever got sorted out.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou <evan at bad.dynu.ca>