[Mailman-Users] Mailman/Sendmail addressing

rob.exley at equifax.com rob.exley at equifax.com
Wed Oct 6 14:13:33 CEST 2004

On Tue, 2004-10-05 at 16:46, Mark Sapiro wrote:
> Rob.Exley wrote:
> >
> >Even though I have modified /var/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py to change
> >DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST to be 'lists.ntg.equifax.com'. I have also modified the
> >'Host name this list prefres for email' in the web interface for my test
> >mailing list to be 'lists.ntg.equifax.com'. This doesn't seem to have been
> >reflected in the emails being sent from the mailing list to list members.
> >

> Have you used bin/withlist to run the bin/fix_url.py script? See the
> FAQ article at
> http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.021.htp
>
> --
> Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net>       The highway is for gamblers,

Hmm. No I hadn't run this although the FAQ seems to refer to MacOS X...

# bin/withlist -l -r fix_url  sandbox -u lists.ntg.equifax.com -v
Importing fix_url...
Running fix_url.fix_url()...
Setting web_page_url to: http://lists.ntg.equifax.com/mailman/
Setting host_name to: lists.ntg.equifax.com
Saving list
Finalizing

I have done this now and it still seems to behave the same way.

I am still getting mail sent to the list as being from the real hostname
not a virtual host as specified in the 'host name'.

Do you know of any documentation that explains how addresses are used by
Mailman ? I'm just not sure whether this is my sendmail config or if it
is down to Mailman. Do the emails sent from Mailman have a fully
qualified user at host email address in the sender and reply-to ?

BTW I should point out this is using the RPM supplied from RedHat and is
version 2.1.1-5

Thanks
--
Rob Exley <rob.exley at equifax.com>