Fwd: Re: [Mailman-Users] yet-another-sendmail-hates-me "list not found" problem

p e y t o n mmm-mailman at peyton.org
Tue Oct 5 13:01:57 CEST 2004

no, they correctly set up an A record for the hostname.

here's another synopsis of things:

    * The alias for the post to the list is working evidenced by the mailer
daemon
    * The python script for the post to the list operation is running but
not finding the list
    * When the script is run as user mail from the command line it appears
to work (must cntr-d)
    * When the script is run via sendmail it does not
    * The DNS for the list is working and uses an A record
    * The DNS for the list is hosted elsewhere

i have now totally exhausted all my ideas. this included going back to
2.1.3 (which i have several copies running already). but even THAT was a no-go.

i'm off to bed where i'm sure i'll dream about mailman all night long.

-p