Fwd: Re: [Mailman-Users] yet-another-sendmail-hates-me "list not found" problem

p e y t o n mmm-mailman at peyton.org
Tue Oct 5 00:38:54 CEST 2004

all,

many thanks for the suggestions. however, the original problem remains
unresolved.

per the mailer error and confirmed by jim tittsler's post, this is not a
sendmail/aliases issue. mailman does not see the list "test" and therefore
the "post" script is failing. however, when i execute "list.lists" i get a
complete listing of every test list i have created while trying to
troubleshoot this issue.

unlike my other installations of mailman this situation is unique because i
am not providing dns for the domain. the host <lists.domain.com> where i
want mailman to live is being pointed at me by another server running bind.
to complicate matters further i have a single ip i use for all hosts on
this machine. while apache is able to do vhosting for me (which is why i
can access the admin/listinfo interfaces) i suspect that mailman can't do this.

if mailman can't resolve that <lists.domain.com> lives on my machine even
though it is defined in mm_cfg.py and via "host" then the only solution is
for me to ask my isp to give me another ip.

is there a light at the end of this tunnel? do people ever buy beer for the
angel on this list that comes through with the right answer?

-with kindness and respect, peyton