[Mailman-Users] 2.1.5 Mail-News gateway moderation feature or bug?

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Mon Oct 4 23:07:45 CEST 2004

At 3:03 PM -0400 2004-10-04, David L Brown wrote:

>  Under 2.0.8 messages to a members-only-posting list entering from the
>  News gateway would be held for non-members. With 2.1.5 we were alarmed
>  to see such messages being posted without any moderation control even
>  though generic_nonmember_action was set to 'Hold'.

	There was a bug in the earlier implementation that was corrected
sometime between 2.1.2 and 2.1.5.  IMO, this is the way it should
work.

	If you want to have the option of enabling the old behaviour,
note that Barry's "To Do" list is at <http://www.list.org/todo.html>,
and you can post your feature request via the SourceForge page at
<http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_id=103&atid=350103>.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755