[Mailman-Users] yet-another-sendmail-hates-me "list not found" problem

Jim Tittsler jwt at onjapan.net
Sun Oct 3 10:51:09 CEST 2004

On Oct 3, 2004, at 00:48, p e y t o n wrote:

> "|/public_html/mailman/mail/mailman post test"
>     (reason: 1)
>     (expanded from: <test at DOMAIN HIDDEN>)

> post script, list not found: test
> 554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 1

"post script, list not found: test" is telling you that you have
successfully piped the mail to Mailman, but (at least that instance of)
mailman does not have a list called 'test'.  Mailman's "post" script is
failing, returning a status code which in turn causes your MTA to send
you the failure message because of the pipe failure.

--
Jim Tittsler             http://www.OnJapan.net/      GPG: 0x01159DB6
Python Starship          http://Starship.Python.net/