[Mailman-Users] Posting acknowledgements global option?

Kai Schaetzl maillists at conactive.com
Fri Oct 1 19:24:15 CEST 2004

Mark Sapiro wrote on Fri, 1 Oct 2004 09:46:16 -0700:

> new_member_options It's on the lists General Options page "Default
> options for new members joining this list." "Acknowledge the member's
> posting"

Thanks, found it. And now I know the reason why I checked it. First time
ever I set the language to German and when going thru the list options I
found
new_member_options "Mails des Nutzers immer freigeben und verteilen"
which means "always allow and distribute member's mails" and not
"Acknowledge the member's posting". But I think even the English phrasing
is somewhat ambiguous: "Acknowledge the member's posting" could mean
automatic allowance of the member's mails. That's obviously also what the
translator had in mind.

I suggest changing to:
English: Send confirmation (*) for each posting to the member
German: Für jedes Posting eine Bestätigung an das Mitglied schicken

(*) instead of acknowledgement

Shall I open a bug for that?

The descriptions on the member list page are much better:
ack -- Does the member get acknowledgements of their posts?
Bestätigung -- Bekommt dieses Mitglied Bestätigungen für seine Sendungen
an die Liste?

Kai

--

Kai Schätzl, Berlin, Germany