[Mailman-Users] How to disable "the results of your email commands"notifications???

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Nov 29 19:59:28 CET 2004

Alan Silcott wrote:

>I am trying to setup a list where you can email a subscribe request and not
>receive any confirmations at all.  I am not sure if I am missing a setting,
>but I can't figure out how to disable the "the results of your email
>commands" notification.  I did do some searching before hand and found this
>post:
>

>http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2004-January/033757.html
>

>But I would like to see if there is a easy way to do this before I start
>commenting code.

Do not do what this post suggests. It will stop sending all responses
to all e-mail commands for every list. Unless you want to disable all
list, you don't want to do this.

I don't know of an "easy" way to do what you want. If you're going to
hack the code, you probably don't want to do it as bluntly as the
referenced post suggests.