[Mailman-Users] How to include the email address of the recipientin the mailing

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Sun Nov 28 00:26:37 CET 2004

Steve Wehr wrote:

>To help combat this I would like to add their %(email)s variable to the
>msg_footer. I'd like to say something like: "You are subscribed to this list
>as %(email)s". But that variable is not allowed there.
>
>Can you suggest another solution??

See http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq03.015.htp

This only works for non-digest subscribers. Digests cannot be
personalized. Also, there is a possibly quite large performance hit
since each message must be delivered to the MTA in a seperate
transaction since the text of each message is now different.