[Mailman-Users] Mailman's Mailbox

Gary Smith gary8smith at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 26 16:19:12 CET 2004

Hi.

I don't know much about the techinical stuff behind mailman (I dont have console access, only through the Cpanel software) and I was wondering, how does Mailman know that it has an email, i.e. when someone tries to post to the list.

By that I mean I know I have an email because I download my inbox on to my computer, but does Mailman constantly do this, if it does would'nt it cause a strain on the server?

Hope my question makes sense, thanks in advance for answering.

Gary Smith

Gary Smith

E-mail: gary8smith at yahoo.co.uk

Website: www.greatcrap.com