AW: [Mailman-Users] Unable to get Mailman up and running with qmail/vpopmail

DIGITAL FOR YOU - Alexander Schwethelm info at digital4u.de
Fri Nov 26 13:43:40 CET 2004

Hi Jordi, hi List,

Thanks for your input and I am really happy about every input, but this also
shows, why so mayn people have problems with mailman and struggling to get
it up and running.

If you have followed the answers Bryan Petty (Tierra) has given, he told me
to use-mail-gid= mailman and NOT vchkpw also I should not create a virtual
domain, now you tell me I should.

What should I believe now being a novice???   I'll sure give you way a try,
even so I don't like the idea of having to run a script each time I add a
list.  This means an admin has to be involved each time a list is created.
It's also another potential place for errors.

Bryan, what do you say about this?  I believe qmail/vpopmail is a pretty
wide spreaded configuration by now and I don't understand why the creators
of mailman can't just say, that's the way to go, fullstop!

Best regards,

Alex