[Mailman-Users] Re: Deleting a list - Mac OS X

demo macangels at spamcop.net
Thu Nov 25 11:34:07 CET 2004

Hi

re;

> OWNERS_CAN_DELETE_THEIR_OWN_LISTS = Yes

> It encounters this error before actually deleting the list and it's
> archives, so none of this happens (but it has deleted the aliases from
> the text file).
>
> Is /usr/sbin/postalias the correct command? If not, it is set as
>
>   POSTFIX_ALIAS_CMD = '/usr/sbin/postalias'

It seems that there is a '/usr/sbin/postalias'.

OK, so the GUI uses over-riding permissions, perhaps system over mailman, do
you think it is worth stripping the Mac OS X Mailman to bits and checking it
file for file permissions so see what is going on in there ?

It will take me some time to put together a non-Mac OS version to compare -
unless someone has one online.

Thanks,

MA