[Mailman-Users] Deleting a list

Bryan Fullerton fehwalker at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 00:02:32 CET 2004

On Wed, 24 Nov 2004 08:16:05 +1100, Terry Allen <hmag at ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>         Is it possible to delete a list using the HTML pages in
> Mailman? If not, am I correct in that deleting a list requires
> running the rmlist command from the command line like this:

Good question. I see there's a rmlist wrapper in the cgi-bin
directory, so theoretically you should be able to use the URL
/mailman/rmlist/listname, but when I tried with one of my lists I get
simply this back:

You're being a sneaky list owner!

So either there are more arguments needed, or perhaps someone was just
having a private laugh when that command was added to the web
interface...

Bryan