[Mailman-Users] changing MTA from sendmail -> procmail

Dan Mahoney, System Admin danm at prime.gushi.org
Fri Nov 19 20:10:12 CET 2004

On Fri, 19 Nov 2004, Aaron Bennett wrote:

Procmail is not an MTA.  It does not speak SMTP inbound or outbound.  It
is merely a "delivery agent", which takes the mail once sendmail (or
another MTA) gets it in from the grid and handles stuffing it in a box.

I'm quite familiar with the setup you're going to -- essentially you use
procmail to replace sendmail's mail.local.

Postfix, is a different animal.

--

"We are basically...'Bandwidth Pimps'...Hrmmm...But that's cool man!  You see these gold chains?  It's all good!"

-Ali Dhoon
03/03/2003, 7PM