[Mailman-Users] why i got more than 20 copies...

John W. Baxter jwblist at olympus.net
Thu Nov 18 18:07:10 CET 2004

On 11/18/2004 7:44, "Mark Sapiro" <msapiro at value.net> wrote:

> <spread3test at 163.com> wrote:
>>
>>   Hello.      i just installed mailman-2.1.5,it works,But I do receive 24
>> copies of all moderation messages. In short it seems anything sent by the
>> software to me as list moderator comes in 24 copies or not at all.
>> what's wrong with it and how could i solve this problem,thanks.
>
> It seems you have an addressing loop of some kind involving the
> "listname-owner" address. What happens if you mail "listname-owner"
> directly?
>
> Check the MTA alias for the -owner address and check the entries for
> owner and moderator in the list configuration.

In addition, check the Message-Id: headers (if present) in the messages and
check the Received: headers to see where the messages are going.

This problem likely isn't in the FAQs...I haven't seen it reported in the
several years I've been on this list (back to about the Mailman 2.0.4
timeframe).  It would seem you have done something new, which is refreshing!

  --John