[Mailman-Users] Can't get mailman on Panther Server workingcorrectly

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Wed Nov 17 17:06:14 CET 2004

Mark Altenberg wrote:

>I'm having some kind of problem, perhaps with DNS or something, and my list serve cannot accept mail from outside it's domain. I'm using Panther Server, with it's built in SMTP server and stock MailMan. Any ideas?

Apple's Panther Server Mailman is non-standard and foreign to most
people on this list. You may do better seeking help from Apple
resources.

That said, can you connect from outside to port 25 in your domain with
a telnet client? If not, there may be a firewall or other device
blocking port 25 access or your MTA (SMTP server) may not be
listening. Neither of these is a Mailman issue.