[Mailman-Users] Changing bounce_score_threshold punts subscribers?

Bryan Fullerton fehwalker at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 20:09:24 CET 2004

I'm using Mailman 2.1.5.

I ran into a situation today where a list owner changed the
bounce_score_threshold from 7 to 3, and 55 subscribers were disabled
when cron/disabled ran. Most of these users haven't seen a bounce in
at least weeks, in some cases years, but they all did have bounce
scores over 3 and under 7.

I'm unsure exactly why this happened, I thought there were things in
place to handle this (removing stale bounce info, bounce probe
emails). From my mail logs it looks like Mailman sent an email to the
subscriber and the list owner at the same time. I don't know what was
in the mail to the subscriber, but the list owner got this:

=====