[Mailman-Users] Large Mailman installation?

Ian Eiloart iane at sussex.ac.uk
Tue Nov 16 11:15:08 CET 2004

--On Monday, November 15, 2004 13:43:27 GMT -0500 Michael Clark
<mclark at cdtmail.org> wrote:

> I am trying to create a Mailman installation with 450 announcement-only
> mailing lists, and with around 50 umbrella lists. Each announcement list
> will have between 10 and 500 members. Each umbrella list is also
> announcement only made up of various combinations of the smaller
> announcement lists. Does anyone have any advice or experience in a setup
> like this? Thanks, Michael

For that number of lists, its worth scripting your efforts. Check out the
contents of $MAILMAN/bin.

For the umbrella lists, make sure you enter the umbrella list address as a
permitted poster for each of its members.

Make sure that your MTA won't accept email addressed to the lists. Don't
use mailman "reject" facilities, because that will cause spam messages to
bounce back to the forged sender address. Mailman "rejects" cause MTA
bounces, so it is better to reject at the MTA level.

--
Ian Eiloart
Servers Team