[Mailman-Users] how to set everyone's moderation bit

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Sun Nov 14 22:45:11 CET 2004

I have a list of 1400 users and I want to set everyone's moderation
bit. I tried using an automated script with wget, but apparently,
Mailman (2.1.5-1.1, from Debian) does not want to honour such
requests: setting the 'mod' bit and submitting the changes does not
seem to have an effect; the bit is not set when the page reloads.

So now I am looking for a way to set everyone's moderation bit, e.g.
with withlist, but I cannot figure out how to get at the members
list. MailList.getMembers seems to exist:

  <bound method OldStyleMemberships.getMembers of <Mailman.OldStyleMemberships.OldStyleMemberships instance at 0x4061174c>>

But I do not want to deal with OldStyleMemberships, and I also did
not find a way to set the moderation bit there.

Any hints are warmly welcomed!

  \____ echo mailto: !#^."<*>"|tr "<*> mailto:" net at madduck

invalid/expired pgp subkeys? use subkeys.pgp.net as keyserver!
spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net

it's practically impossible to look at a penguin and feel angry.