[Mailman-Users] Domain names and virtual domains

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Sun Nov 14 16:41:17 CET 2004

At 12:57 AM -0600 2004-11-14, Jim C. Nasby wrote:

>  I'm trying to setup Mailman on flake.decibel.org with the lists at
>  lists.decibel.org. I've tried setting DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST to both
>  decibel.org and lists.decibel.org, but postfix is only responding to
>  list at decibel.org (where I get a permission error).
>  list at lists.decibel.org gets me an email from postfix about a mail loop.

	These are postfix configuration issues, not problems with Mailman.

>  Do I need to manually add the domain to the aliases file? Will that file
>  ever get changed after list creation?

	You will need to modify your configuration to support those
domains, yes.  There are probably several ways to do that, and you
need to choose which one works best for you.

	That said, if you peruse the README.POSTFIX file that comes with
Mailman, you should see one recommended method that has worked well
for others.

>  Also, is there any way to host lists on different virtual domains, or
>  the FAQ about needing the commercial version still true?

	I'm not sure what you mean.  The FAQ entry at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq04.047.htp>
is definitely still applicable.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755