[Mailman-Users] Hidden Lists

Matthew Dickinson matt-lists-mm at ire.org
Sun Nov 14 15:58:15 CET 2004

On Wednesday, November 10, 2004 15:42, Mark Sapiro wrote:
>> I have a number of "hidden" non-public lists on my system.
>> Consequently they do not appear in the "Admin Overview Page."  Is
>> there a way to get them to appear there, but still be hidden to
>> normal users?
>>

> Short of hacking admin.py to skip the "advertised" test or doing
> something even more involved, no.

It would be nice though for the global list admin ID/user to have a page
showing all lists, and then each of them clickable to go to the listinfo or
the admin pages for that list.

In essence, after logging on, the global administrator, can see all of the
lists that are hidden with a similar format to now but if the lists were
public.

This could be further enhanced upon by adding users/groups who are able to
see a selection of these lists when logged on - in essence a lower-level of
admin, just managing a subset of groups.

Thanks,

Matthew Dickinson