[Mailman-Users] Recipients email addresses in To: header or clickable unsubscribe link

Brad Knowles brad at stop.mail-abuse.org
Fri Nov 12 12:46:31 CET 2004

At 11:07 AM +0100 2004-11-12, Jacob Friis wrote:

>  Is it possible to have the members address in the To: header?

	You could turn on full personalization, but that does some other
things you may not like.  Among other things, it destroys information
about what other recipients were listed where on the original
recipient headers.

>  Or a clickable unsubscribe link in the mail?

	Also available through personalization.  You just have to modify
the template.

	Also note the RFC 2142 headers that Mailman will include by
default on each and every message that is sent through the system.
For example, the mailman-users mailing lists includes the following
headers with every message sent:

	<mailto:mailman-users-request at python.org?subject=subscribe>

	Depending on the recipients MUA, they should be able to click on
the appropriate link and have their system "Do The Right Thing".

	I would encourage you to go to the Mailman FAQ Wizard at
<http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py> and read all the entries
that discuss personalization.

     Assembly to the Governor, November 11, 1755