[Mailman-Users] Will MailMan do all this?

Clare Redstone cr10 at compuserve.com
Wed Nov 10 15:49:39 CET 2004

I am completely new to creating web sites and running mailing lists so do
not understand all the information I’ve found and would appreciate some
things spelling out for me.

I would like to run a mailing list as a discussion and support group.
Some members would like to receive each message as it is posted.
Others would like a digest.
And others would prefer to access the messages on a web site.
I would also like an archive that only group members can read – but it would
be OK for new members to be able to read the old archives.
It would be great if the archive is searchable at least by key words. By
author too?

Can MailMan do this and can a novice set it up?

And if so, I’ll need to find a new host as the one I use now doesn’t have
Python.

Thank you for your help.

Clare