[Mailman-Users] erasing archived message

Sean sean at sweetbourbon.com
Tue Nov 9 13:59:22 CET 2004

> FreeBSD-4.9
> mailman-2.1.5
>

> can somebody please send me to a link or tutorial that shows how to
> remove a message from the archives please?
>
> cheers,
>
> Noah

I'm not aware of link or tutorial for this.  To remove the a message from
the archives you need shell access to the server running mailman and
access the ~mailman/bin commands.

Edit the mbox file for the list to remove the message and run
~mailman/bin/arch to rebuild the archive.  Run arch with the --wipe option
to remove the original archive before rebuilding.

Sean