[Mailman-Users] Surgemail, FreeBSD and Mailman

Russ Pagenkopf russ.pagenkopf at uas.alaska.edu
Tue Nov 9 06:26:36 CET 2004

Hi all,

Hope this isn't too simple a problem; either I can't wrap my head around
it or I can't find it in the documentation/faq anywhere.

Anyways, I'm running FreeBSD 4.9, Python 2.3_1, Surgemail 2.1c7 and
Mailman 2.1.5. Compiled fine and did the initial INSTALL steps. Have run
check_perm a few time and have stopped getting errors.

Created a new list via the web page called testlist and added my email
address via the account management screen. When I went to send a test
email to testlist at worldprism.net I got an error message in response from
the local mail server.

---------------------------------

Each of the following recipients was rejected by a remote mail server.
The reasons given by the server are included to help you determine why
each recipient was rejected.

     Recipient: <testlist at worldprism dot net>
     Reason:    No such user (testlist) -ERR testlist at worldprism dot
net not found

Please reply to <postmaster at uas dot alaska dot edu>

Reporting-MTA: dns; mail.uas.alaska.edu
Received-From-MTA:dns; [137.229.198.76]
Arrival-Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 20:17:31 -0900

Remote-Recipient: rfc822;<testlist at worldprism.net>
Diagnostic-Code: smtp;551 SMTP-Deliver:BadRecipient
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS;mail.worldprism.net
Last-Attempt-Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 20:17:38 -0900