[Mailman-Users] Rejected messages do not always include the reason for rejection

David Reynolds davidr at drbott.com
Mon Nov 8 22:54:07 CET 2004

I'm trying to identify a problem with pending moderator requests in
Mailman 2.1.4 on Mac OS X Server 10.3.5.  Before I dive into the source
(I've looked around a bit, and am slightly intimidated), I thought I
would ask around here.  This appears to have been happening since we
got it installed, only just now have discovered the behavior.

When using the <http://listserver.domain.tld/mailman/admindb/listname>
interface, all rejected message responses indicate "No reason given."

When using the
<http://listserver.domain.tld/mailman/admindb/listname?msgid=77>
interface, a rejected message gives the explanation for rejection in
the response.

This only appears to apply when rejecting messages.  Deferred message

Mac OS X Server 10.3.5, Mailman 2.1.4

What am I missing here?

case 1 response:
--------
> Your request to the ListTest mailing list
>
>     Posting of your message titled "rejection testing"
>
> has been rejected by the list moderator.  The moderator gave the
> following reason for rejecting your request:
>
> "No reason given"
>
> Any questions or comments should be directed to the list administrator
> at:
>
>     listtest-owner at listserver.domain.tld

case 2 response:
--------
> Your request to the ListTest mailing list
>
>     Posting of your message titled "rejection testing 3"
>
> has been rejected by the list moderator.  The moderator gave the
> following reason for rejecting your request:
>
> "Non-members are not allowed to post messages to this list."
>
> Any questions or comments should be directed to the list administrator
> at:
>
>     listtest-owner at listserver.domain.tld

David Reynolds
Dr. Bott LLC