[Mailman-Users] Much ado about relay

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Mon Nov 8 00:59:16 CET 2004

Zain Memon wrote:

>I wonder why they want me to put in mysql stuff.

It has something to do with using a mysql database to validate
something for Postfix or something. As I mentioned before, the How To
you are following is for something much more complicated than a
straightforward Mailman - Postfix installation.

>What is a "normal" value for the $relay_domains variable?

$relay_domains is the domain(s) to which Postfix will relay mail. The
normal value would be the default ($mydestination) which I think means
that Postfix will accept mail from the outside world only for delivery
locally. I assume this is appropriate for a Mailman - Postfix
installation, but as I said previously, this is really beyond what I
know about.