[Mailman-Users] Moderator

Mark Sapiro msapiro at value.net
Fri Nov 5 17:48:21 CET 2004

Ginu George wrote:

>I am facing some problems.
>We have 4mailing list in the mail man server. i am the admin for the
>four, but we have more than 20 co-admins and moderators.
>
>When i put moderator password for the moderators all other, even the
>members can access the admin pages. how can i solve this.

This seems very strange. First of all, the moderator password as
opposed to the administrator password only allows access to the
admindb page. only the administrator password should allow access to
the admin pages.

How are list members or anyone accessing the admin pages. Do they not
get challenged for a password? If you start a new browser session
(i.e. quit your browser entirely and then start it again) and go to an
admin page, are you challenged for a password?