[Mailman-Users] Inital mailman list

Jon Krause data2 at cablespeed.com
Fri Nov 5 15:15:52 CET 2004

From: "Tony Molloy"
:
: I installed and configured Mailman. Then according to the install guide
: I created the initial mailman list using:
:
:     ./bin/newlist mailman
:
: Then I started the daemon and checked it was running.
:
: I'm trying to subscribe myself to the inital mailman list, as it says in
: the install guide, but when I click on the list either on the "mailing
: lists" page or the "list admin overview" page nothing happens.
:
: I've created a test list and it seems to work OK so the installation
: seems to be fine.
:
: How do I subscribe to the initial mailman mailing list.
:
: Regards,
:
: Tony
: --
:
:
: Tony Molloy.
:
: Dept. of Comp. Sci.
: University of Limerick

Tony, append the admin URL with the listname (in your example: /mailman
Full URL might read: http://lists.tonysdomain.edu/admin/tonyslistname  ).
Since you have not made your list "public" you need to go directly to it to
view admin options, membership options, etc.

Best, Jon