[Mailman-Users] Stopping all moderation

Dennis Black dennis.black at ualberta.ca
Tue Nov 2 18:28:14 CET 2004

>===== Original Message From Mark Sapiro <msapiro at value.net> =====
>Dan Newcombe wrote:
>>
>>I am on v2.1.5.  Right now the attachments are moderated by size.  I have
>>it set to 2M.  Anything below goes through - anything above gets put in
>>the moderate queue.  That is what I don't want.   I'd much rather anything
>>below 2M go through, anything above 2M gets dropped outright.
>
>The setting you're looking for doesn't currently exist. I agree that it
>would be good to be able to specify the disposition of "too big"
>messages and also to specify the disposition of messages caught in the
>Privacy options...->Recipient filters, but this ability doesn't
>currently exist. Messages caught in any of these filters are always
>held for "moderator" approval.

Dan, I haven't taught myself python either. That's why I use procmail.
This recipe would do it, intercepting the message before it hits your list.

.yourlist.procmailrc:

TMPDIR=/tmp
MAILDIR=$TMPDIR
LOGFILE=/dev/null

:0
* > 2048000
/dev/null

:0
|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post yourlist

your aliases file:
yourlist: "|/usr/local/bin/procmail -m /etc/procmail/.yourlist.procmailrc"