[Mailman-Users] Mailman

Peter Tattersall ptatters at zerobyzero.ca
Wed Nov 3 01:05:02 CET 2004

On 28-Oct-04, at 9:32 AM, steve wrote:

> Hello
>
> I run pop3 servers on  the Mac OS X platform.  Does Mailman work with
> this
> OS?
> I do run Linux servers as well, but I am trying to find on your site,
> the
> spec’s , etc..
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve Campbell
> Wideloadgames.org

Are you running X-serve or an individual copy of Mac OS X? Mailman is
installed on the x-serve systems, though I understand it's a pain to
work with because Apple made some modifications to the source code. As
for individual systems, I am running Mac OS X 10.3.6 with Postfix
enabled (using the aptly named Postfix Enabler to turn everything on),
along with anomy, spamassassin, and Mailman 2.1.5. Installation was
basically a matter of downloading the package and following
installation instructions. My lists are small, no more than 200 members
on any one list, but the system handles everything smoothly and
invisibly while I continue to work in the foreground. If you have a
heavier load in mind you should prepare to dedicate a machine. The only
annoying aspect of the whole setup is that I'm using mail.app to handle
all my correspondence, and whenever I reply to a list I have to
remember to switch things around to avoid top-posting.

Peter Tattersall
NYAA "List Mom"